Traffic Delay on Summit Parkway

If you tried to use Summit Parkway through Summit Ridge Drive today, your patience was sorely tested.

That's because there was one lane in each direction, and the flagger was more interested in what he was reading on his phone than in paying attention to traffic.

At the time I was driving east (about 12:45PM) there was a ten-minute delay between Timber Crest Drive and Summit Ridge Drive. I suspect the problem was that the first eastbound car wanted to turn left and the flagger didn't stop the flow of westbound traffic to let that driver turn. Eastbound traffic was backed up to west of Timber Crest.

I called the RCSD dispatcher line to request a deputy to come and clear the traffic. The dispatcher refused. I knew that the sheriff didn't control the dispatcher service, so I called the main RCSD number to ask them for help. They couldn't help, either, and told me call the Columbia PD, which managed the dispatcher services for the County. That will change in July.

I'm emailing the project engineer tonight and asking him to correct the problem. Hopefully, they'll arrange for a more-experienced flagger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Meeting, Barony Place Neighborhood - continued to 5/4/2024

Open Letter to Barony Place "Voting Member"

Special Assessment Possible?