What's wrong with the HOA's 2022 Budget?


Last week-end I went through the HOA's 2020 Approved Budget with a fine-tooth comb.

And what to my wondering eyes should appear? Multiple reasons that thE 2022 Budget never should have been approved.

On March 1, 2022 Treasurer Vernell Butler presented the Budget to the Board of Directors and made a motion that it be approved. Director Mary Ann Game seconded his motion, and the motion was approved unanimously.

Presumably, Vernell distributed the Budget to all board members and Finance Committee members before he made his motion. How many of the board members examined the budget before the board meeting? How many examined it carefully? How many understood what they were looking at?

I found significant errors in the Budget. So I emailed Vernell and asked to attend the next meeting of the Finance Committee. I suggested they would want to know about the errors and prepare a recommendation to the board to amend the approved Budget.

Vernell's answer? "the answer to your request is No"

Vernell didn't even ask what the errors are!

The next Finance Committee meeting is Tuesday, April 19, 6:30PM. If the majority of the Committee wants to know about the errors I found, they can vote to invite me as soon as the meeting starts. I'll be available to log into the Zoom meeting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Meeting, Barony Place Neighborhood - continued to 5/4/2024

Open Letter to Barony Place "Voting Member"

Special Assessment Possible?