How many homes?

How many homes are there in The Summit's HOA?

2,475? 2,480? 2,526? 2,595? 2,800?

Even the office doesn't know. Has any board member ever asked?

Where did these numbers come from?

At a board meeting on April 5, 2022 then-Treasurer Vernell Butler proclaimed authoritatively, "2,800". I didn't think that number was correct, but I didn't know. So I didn't speak up.

Soon after that I asked Angela Adelman, then-Property Manager, and she told me "2,480".

The next year I noticed the Budget was based on 2,475, even though the five houses near Birch Park were completed, sold, and should have been fully on the rolls of the HOA.

Where did 2,595 come from? The office.

Recently I asked how many homes were in each of the Neighborhoods. I received a typewritten list in Word. The number of homes in Chapelwood was not listed. When I added the numbers, they totaled 2,526. Then I learned that Chapelwood has 69. So we're up to 2,595.

And that is 115 higher the the number of homes (2,480) on which the Annual Budget is based.

I find myself telling others that I can find something wrong with anything. And that's because something is wrong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Meeting, Barony Place Neighborhood - continued to 5/4/2024

Open Letter to Barony Place "Voting Member"

Special Assessment Possible?