Still no 2022 Annual Audit online

Just how bad is the 2022 Annual Audit?

The board of directors probably received the 2022 Annual Audit by April 30, 2023, and it was publicly delivered by the Auditor at the June 6, 2023 monthly board meeting. Board members should have been ready to demonstrate that they had read and understood it by asking intelligent questions at that meeting.

Where is the Audit? It still, as of 8/31/2023, has not been published on the HOA's website.

All the Annual Audits from 2001-2021 are on the website, where any Member can view them.

What is "special" about the 2022 Annual Audit?

I went to the office on August 9, 2023 to examine the 2022 Annual Audit, and I presented the legal authority for seeing it. On August 16, 2023 the HOA's attorney wrote to me and informed me I'd have to pay $265 to get a copy.

I didn't ask for a copy at the office; I asked to examine it.

Now I'll be quoting the By-Laws and State law to the office and the attorney, and the stalling period will be over. I'm entitled to examine it.

YOU too are entitled to examine it, without paying a $265 fee.

I did offer to pay the homeowner's fair share of the $265 and even took cash payment to the attorney's office. That fair share is 1/2480 of $265, which is $0.11.  The law firm's receptionist was polite, but she declined to accept payment of the 11 shiny pennies. Perhaps I should have taken a Cashier's Check.

Don't you wonder why the board of directors is hiding it? Would that be the whole board, or just one or two of the officers?

Comments

  1. Per the HOA's attorney, the 2022 Annual Audit (Final) was received.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Meeting, Barony Place Neighborhood - continued to 5/4/2024

Open Letter to Barony Place "Voting Member"

Special Assessment Possible?