Open Letter to HOA Board

Did you see on TV or read about the flooding of new homes in two neighborhoods off Rimer Pond Road, west of Hard Scrabble Road?

I sent the following email to board members:


Board Members,

May I urge your attention to the problem described in this WIS-TV article about flooded homes in Coatridge and Sterling Pond subdivisions off Rimer Pond Road? I was surprised by this line in the article: "According to Richland County, the HOA is responsible for neighborhood drainage."


My first guess was that the responsibility fell only with the Developer or maybe the County Zoning for failing to identify the flood risk. It seems a real stretch to include the HOA.

May I suggest that the Board task a Director with researching whether the Summit's HOA has any similar unidentified liability?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Meeting, Barony Place Neighborhood - continued to 5/4/2024

Open Letter to Barony Place "Voting Member"

Special Assessment Possible?