HOA Complaint filed with Dept. of Consumer Affairs

On July 13 I filed a complaint about the Summit's HOA with the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs (SCDCA). The HOA's office had failed to response to three questions from me.

On August 5 the SCDCA received a response, written by a "Community Success Coordinator", presumably at the CAMS home office in North Carolina.

Complaint 1 was that the HOA office had not responded fully, when I asked how many homes (properties) were in each of the 28 Neighborhoods of the Summit's HOA.

The CAMS answer was, in part, "The figure provided by the Property Manager is correct. 2480..."

The problem? While part of her answer was correct, it wasn't true.

The first answer from the HOA was a list of 27 Neighborhoods that totaled 2,526. Chapelwood had been omitted. The Property Manager didn't provide that answer (2480) to me. I already knew that 2,480 homes are assessed by the HOA. Why was the total 46 over the actual number of properties?

The second answer from the HOA was 69 homes in Chapelwood, increasing the total to 2,595. This is 115 over the actual total of 2,480!

When I requested the correct number of homes in each Neighborhood, responses from the HOA's office stopped.

So, how did the CAMS Success Coordinator do? A? B? C? D? I give her an "F". 

I recall from college days that, if I didn't answer the question that was asked on an exam, the grade was F. 

Watch for further failures by CAMS to my second and third questions that had not been answered by the HOA office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Meeting, Barony Place Neighborhood - continued to 5/4/2024

Open Letter to Barony Place "Voting Member"

Special Assessment Possible?