Annual Audit there, not so hard

After two months I was finally able to examine the 2022 Annual Audit * - without paying for it.

I had made my original request on August 9, 2022, and that resulted in the HOA's demand for up to $265.00 (up to two hours at $125.00/hour plus $15.00 to print it) to see the Audit and a long string of email correspondence with the HOA's attorney.

Even though I had asked only to examine it, the attorney and the HOA's Property Manager continued to tell me I had to pay for them to find it, redact personal and sensitive and personal information, and print it. The most recent demand from the office was $15.00 to print it and $125.00/hour babysitting fee to watch me read it. I refused to pay.

This morning I sat in the conference room at the office and read it. Without payment. I also learned that it is to be posted (finally) to the HOA's website.

And where was the redacted personal and sensitive personal information? Nowhere! I knew there was none, and there is none!

Just checked at 11:33AM. The 2022 Annual Audit has already been posted! Go the www.summithomeowners.com  Hover over RESIDENTS. Click on DOCUMENTS. Click on Annual Audits. Click on 2022.

Comments about the Annual Audit will be in a separate blogpost.

There is an election of directors coming up on November 7th. Whoever wasted the Association's money running up legal fees at McCabe, Trotter & Beverly, P.C. should not be re-elected!

* The 2022 Annual Audit looks legitimate, but the name of the CPA (Rebecca (Becca) Brendle) and the name of the firm (Camp, Moring & Cannon, LLC?) conducting the Audit are missing from the Audit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Meeting, Barony Place Neighborhood - continued to 5/4/2024

Open Letter to Barony Place "Voting Member"

Special Assessment Possible?